Wednesday 7 May 2014

A summer cold and lack of motivation.

 I struggle to get out of bed.    My limbs ache, my head is full of cold and I have a sore throat.
 
I open the window and take in the view.   The breeze is warm on my face.     I make a cup of lemon honey and ginger, take a quick shower and dress.   Motivation is lacking.....................
 
 I walk the garden, I do so love to see the Beech drop her leaves in Spring, ready for new growth.   I do not clear these leaves......I don't know why....I just don't.   They will be gone by Summer, either taken with the wind, or used beneath the ground by busy worms.
 As I stroll I realise I am feeling rather unwell.   A little dizzy almost.
I look at the house....it is a privilege  to live in a period property, BUT it is an absolute nightmare to maintain.   Mr P has noticed some of the timbers are rotting  and there are other issues.    I cannot think about it now.....leave that till another day.

I walk back to the house.....Nella runs towards me full of anticipation.
With a twinge of guilt I tell her no walk today, perhaps tomorrow ............................

12 comments:

  1. I hope you will feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no - summer colds are the worst! Your garden is looking lovely I had no idea it was so big. It is a little colder here today so maybe a good day for you to stay indoors, cosset yourself and get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elaine,

      I have slept for a couple of hours this morning, most unlike me.
      We have sunshine and showers. A warm gentle breeze is blowing.
      I keep looking at the garden, thinking I must go out. Then I sit down, have another drink....and decide not to :)

      Delete
  3. Poor Nella, and poor you. At least Nella has a lovely big garden to run around in, and you have a lovely cosy bed to snuggle in. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tku Jo, me to. Being unwell is such a waste of time :) I have far too much to do.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely garden you have. Do hope you feel better soon, summer colds are miserable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tku Rowan, It has been a difficult year so far for gardening. Everything has grown to gigantic proportions.....there is a lot of pruning etc needed.

      Delete
  6. Hope you feel rested ad rejuvenated soon Cheryl. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spring colds are really the worst. Saps the strength right out of you. Hope you feel better soon. The gardens look so lovely and green.

    ReplyDelete